Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thing #16 -- Wiki

I looked at the Library Success Wiki, and was especially interested in the Services to specific groups. I was interested in the fact that there was an article on Services to First Time Students (college freshmen) because one of my nieces is a freshman in college, and one of my nephews and another niece will be starting college next year. I hope they find their college libraries useful.

The most interesting fact I found on the Ocean County Library Wiki that I didn't know was that part of the Amityville Horror movie had been filmed in the Bishop Building!

Wikis are interesting and easy to use. I still wonder about the accuracy of some articles on Wikipedia, especially for pop culture subjects. I liked the accuracy of the Ocean County Library article, and the way you could like to various subjects within Wikipedia such as Model T and James Brolin.

Mimi Koerner

No comments: