Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Thing #15 -- web challenge -- Library 2.0 and Web 2.0

I looked at the Wikipedia article on Library 2.0 and also Away from the "Icebergs by Rick Anderson, University of Nevada, Reno Libraries, and Into a New World of Librarianship b y Michael Stephens. I realize that as one who graduated from library school 30 years ago, life (and libraries) have totally changed. There's a saying, "the only thing permanent is change." Web 2.0 is a good change because it reflects today's (at least in affluent countries) today's highly web based and technology based culture and on-line social networking which is so embraced in particular by those who are of generations younger than myself. I want to reach out to others, and if learning about Web 2.0 is the way to do this -- it's okay with me. I am willing to embrace change, even when the change doesn't interest me all that much. I have six nephews and three nieces and I want to understand their world.

Mimi Koerner
mkoerner@theoceancountylibrary.org

1 comment:

sewinglady said...

Mimi
Can't believe its been 30 years. You are way to young. What a great attitude. I am just feeling overwhelmed. My kids are not into technology very much but I bet the grandchildren will be. I am enjhoying the challenges but they are time consuming. (elaine)