Tuesday, April 15, 2008

OCL Web Challenge Thing #13 -- de.licio.us

First of all, the Web Challenge is a MAJOR chore, NOT FUN, for someone like myself, who is hearing impaired, when we have to listen to a podcast. The volume on our computers at the library is not loud enough to hear the podcasts clearly, and, as one of my staff pointed out, you can't listen in a public area and are forced to do this on your time off the desk (which for many of us is very limited.)

I looked at the Stafford de.licio.us web site. I could see where it makes often asked for information (such as tax forms) easy to find, to be honest, I don't think it makes it any faster, and I'm not all that interested, to be honest, to read everyone else's comments. It's fine for those who are "social butterflies" who consider it extremely important that everyone pays attention to them, but I'm not that type of person -- and am proud of it! I respect the fact, however, that I am in the minority -- and appreciate the fact that there is something like de.licio.us for those who have a strong need to be chatty.

Mimi Koerner
mkoerner@oceancountylibrary.org

No comments: